Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Cookie Experiment

A couple of nights ago, I really wanted some fresh, warm, right out of the oven Chocolate Chip Cookies (AKA Triple C's at our house). I can whip up a batch of cookies pretty quick. I usually only add half the amount of the chocolate chips the recipe calls for, this time I had about 1/3 of a package. After they had been in the oven for a couple of minutes, I thought . . . Whoops! I think I only added half the butter amount! That mother brain back at work again!
Hubby suggested I throw out the batter and start all over (after all, we all know what happened to the batch of cookies he made one time when the sugar and butter ratio was way off! Rock hard "cookies". I'm not usually one to pass up home baked cookies, but I guess there are exceptions!). Doing the opposite of what he many times suggests, I took the cookies out of the oven. After all I couldn't let somewhat perfectly good batter go to waste (I don't know if it's the chocoholic in me, the thrifty me, or the lazy me, perhaps all three). I added the rest of the butter. Of course when I was mixing it, there were chocolate chips no more. I now had a chocolate batter on my hands. I added a bit more flour. Can't have Triple C's without chocolate chips. So I added half a package of white chocolate chips! The white chips melted before they were even in the oven, so the cookies don't look very pretty. But they actually taste good! Better said by my four-year old, "these cookies are never ending good!" (and he knows cookies) . So there you have it: The C's x 3 Experiment = "Never Ending Good". They are kid tested and mother brain approved.
I might have to make them again; on purpose next time!

2 comments:

  1. That happens to me more times than I'd like to admit. I made pumpkin cookies one time and forgot the sugar. So I added it on top...not the same thing! My daughter still talks about that!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made banana bread without the sugar by fault of the "mother brain" and Jer actually liked it. Next time I reduced the sugar on purpose. Now you've got me thinking about fresh baked cookies...I'll share with you one of my fav. cookie recipes soon.

    ReplyDelete