This last weekend we took the chance to get away from all work and we played. We packed up in the van, drove a few hours to where hubby's dad grew up. The home was built by hubby's grandpa.

We launched model rockets. Went up the canyon in the dune buggy hubby grew up with.

His mom refers to it as a great babysitter. Hubby took his share of naps riding in it as a wee little boy. Sure enough, it is true, our littlest girl took a nap on my lap as we drove up the canyon, admired the scenery, got away from the hot weather, and even got rained on! The kids went to the pool, while I admired our surroundings and played with our camera. I did take a lot of pictures. These are just a few:







We saw our share of wildlife. Prairie dogs, squirrels, hawks, jack rabbits, and best of all a golden eagle, that was sitting on a post, at one point no more than 10 feet from the side window of the van. I enjoyed hearing different birds chirping, and flying from place to place. Something we don't get too much at home since our trees are still fairly small.

We found this little pond nearby, fed the ducks, and saw many dragonflies. I remember being so scared of them when I was little. Now, although I don't want one to land on me (bugs and I don't mix), there seems to be something magical about them.

Is this where
"Duck Duck Goose" came from? It looked like they had their very own game going on here.

I thought it was funny. Overall, good times. Can't have all work and no play.
Looks like a great place to get away - and swimming pool perks to boot! Nice pictures!
ReplyDelete