Monday, March 28, 2011

If I Quit My Day Job - Part II

Oldest Daughter  is going though an owl phase. She really likes these creatures. She also likes stuffed animals. So a week ago I had this little idea . . . Pulled out some scraps of fabric, and in a manner of minutes of designing, cutting and sewing, I came up with this!

Then Littlest Girl wanted a baby owl of her own. This is hers. She named it "Cupcake" After I handed her my newest creation, she said "Oh, cute. I love it!"


It didn't take long forYoungest Boy to want one. And as he went off to school, he said, "make me one next!" Here is his.

Oldest Boy requested  a "Snowy Owl" for him.  I just felt flattered that he would even want one.

After seeing Littlest Girl's pink owl, I could tell Oldest Daughter wanted a colorful one too. So since she got the "trial owl" I made her this one too!

Here's the bunch a week later, after my spare time sewing.


I expanded the collection.


When I gave Oldest Daughter the trial one, she said: "Mom, you are such a good sewer! You should be a Stuffed Animal Maker!"
                                             The possibility for other creatures is there.
And I have yet another profession I can add to my resume! Oh the possibilities .  .  . I'll keep my day job though!

1 comment:

  1. I want your day job!!!!! Wanna trade? Man, I need to learn to sew! One day you'll have to teach me your mad skills.

    ReplyDelete