Sunday, June 13, 2010

Vintage Spring Blues

I've been craving to make a Spring throw out of my stash of vintage fabrics. It was just a matter of designing a pattern, and choosing a color scheme. Inspired by this teacup and plate I rescued,
it was now time to cut, and sew.

Here it is ready for some stippling fun!
After a few hours of free motion bliss . . .
It just needed a little something more . . . Inspired by our very own morning visitors,
I came up with this.
My Vintage Spring Vision has become reality!
Summer may be just around the corner, but Spring is still in the air! A feathered friend has made a home in our backyard. Littlest girl can't get enough of our little tree tenant!
I tried to get as close as I could to take a picture, and our friend flew away. I was curious . . . So while our friend was gone, I took a peek.
(They're not the best pictures, but it was too high to reach without a ladder, and it started to rain)

Luckily our friend returned and has been there since!  So even though my Vintage Spring Blue color scheme was sparked by merely a plate and a cup, I can't get over how perfectly blue those eggs are!

3 comments:

  1. That is simply stunning! I love the addition of the bird but mostly I adore the fabrics you used. Stunning egg photos!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Pamela! I like the little bird applique. We also had robins nesting in our yard...the kids have loved keeping tabs on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Want to make me one?

    ReplyDelete