
The recipe calls for Kale, which is not something I usually have on hand. So I substituted frozen spinach. The last time I made it, I had some of the "Hormel Little Sizzler" breakfast sausages that have bacon in them. Since I don't usually have bacon around either. I like bacon, but I don't like how the entire house takes on its aroma after you cook it, or how the stove becomes a complete greasy mess! The little breakfast sausages worked great. I defrosted them in the microwave and finished cooking them in the pot where I later added the rest of the ingredients. The perfect amount of bacon flavor, without the huge mess!

The amazing medicinal power of comfort foods. I think I'm feeling better already.
Looks delish! Reminds me of your little guy asking me "What's bacon?" Could use some of that at our house right now - I think I'm coming down with something now too. Doesn't it feel like January right now? Yuck!
ReplyDeleteThis is my husbands FAVORITE soup. I need to copy the recipe on your side bar and "surprise" him one evening with it! :o)
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon. You are right, rest and homemade soup always chase those sick days away. :o) Not to mention some cozy socks and warm jammies! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne